Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thank you: Menno van der Haven


Thank you Menno for posting the information bellow. The tornado was on 6 June 2005. I will soon write more about the meteorological conditions of that day.

A dialog between MJ Poore and Menno van der Haven on a forum of passionate meteorologists:

" 06-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Poore:

Good point about Eastern Europe Menno. Some say Romania and Hungary have the highest incidences of tornadoes in Europe and that's a recent observation, because people didnt know about them before. The two counties have some of the best geography in Europe to get big storms going. I see Romania even has a US style doppler radar network now. But exactly how many they get, and how strong they are, I dont know.

Menno:

You are right about that, MJ Poore,
Two years' ago I was in Romania and I was lucky to watch a tornado near Tirgu Mures. However, the locals didn't believe me when I told them that I had seen a tornado in their area. They said: oh, that were rain-curtains. Only when I showed them this picture:
they were convinced ;)"


No comments: